About The Estate on the Halifax

It is a 10 acre private estate with a variety of venues for a variety of life’s events! They host weddings, corporate events, family reunions, anniversaries, birthday & retirement parties, quinceaneras, bar/bat mitzvahs and a host of other elegant events.

 

 The Chapel in the Garden

Originally constructed as a community center in Port Orange, this historic building was built in 1897 at the northeast corner of US1 and Church Street. In 1913, the building was moved and for the next 84 years served as the Parish Hall for Grace Church and again moved, when it was given to Douglas J. Clark.

 

It took 18 months to completely renovate The Chapel. The century-old heart pine boards were removed, planed down, varnished and reapplied to the walls. The stained glass windows are new. The barrel ceiling above the pulpit was designed and built by Chuck Gittner. Chuck and his brother, Craig, designed and built the bell tower which houses the impressive bronze bell that was cast in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893 and weighs 1,050 pounds. The toll of the bell can be heard throughout the neighborhood and signifies a rebirth for a significant building with a proud local heritage.